Monday, March 24, 2014

Let's try that again...

This time I really am preparing for the Bupa London 10,000 on the 25th of May (not the 9th of March!). I've made a few tweaks to the original training plan, just being a bit more realistic about my vVO2Max sessions. In the meantime, I have been reading Steve Magness' book which, amongst other things, puts a big question mark over the whole idea of VO2Max, saying that it doesn't correlate well enough with good performance to be a target or indeed a goal training pace in itself. That may well be true in elite runners who are trying to break through a plateau but I think it will do me some good and, anyway, I set myself the goal of running 5 sets of 3 minutes at that pace (3:10/km, revised down from 3:00/km) so I'm going to stick at it. I'm bloody minded like that. Once I've finished his book, I'll post a review up here. The 12 hour flight to Mexico this week should be a good opportunity although right now I am too addicted to Candy Crush Saga to use my Kindle Fire for actual reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment