Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Going viral

Today 576 people visited my blog - if you are reading this soon after I post it, you can see the peak in traffic in the "total pageviews" graphic below - normally i get around 100-150 "hits" a day. As far as I can tell, the sudden interest is nothing more than tapping into a steady stream of people searching for "a map of Spain" which I happened to include in a recent post. If it is really that simple to increase traffic to a blog then I must be doing something wrong (not that I care too much about traffic, but it is nice to know that someone other than myself finds my ramblings interesting). Unfortunately I think that the "traffic" is coming from people using the image search feature of Google, so they probably don't even notice that they are robbing the picture (just as I did) from such an informative blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment