Friday, July 6, 2012

Blog envy

I've been a little quiet on the blogging front lately. This week it has been due to the discovery of a cycling blog that has somehow managed to pass me by until now. I'm talking about the Bike Snob NYC blog which specializes in mercilessly ribbing anyone who takes bikes or cycling too seriously and that, of course, includes triathletes ("Tridorks" or "Nü Freds" as he refers to them). He has a particular penchant for ridiculing  fixed gear "hipsters", especially those who refuse to have brakes or handlebar tape or other such paraphernalia for fashion reasons. I'm delighted to have discovered this hidden oasis of American satire (an oxymoron if ever I heard one). This is the blog I wish I could have written myself.

While browsing through some of the back issues (I just happened to get into this blog in the very week he is on holiday) I came across an interview a friend of mine from university did with him for his weekly radio show, "The Bike Show" on Resonance FM (London). Even though I have had a regular (music) radio show myself in the past, I have never really been one to actually listen to the radio, much less over the internet, but I finally got around to listening to my friend's show as a result. This was a very interesting episode which also includes the director of British Cycling talking about how they managed to get such a haul of medals in the Beijing Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment