Sunday, March 27, 2011

BRAZIL!!!!

I didn't just choose to do the Ironman in Brazil because it is one of the relatively "easy" ones or because I have some friends also competing - Brazil has for a long time had a special place in my heart. Back in my deejay years, I built up quite a collection of rare Brazilian records which I used to play out in clubs now and again (I wonder whether I'll manage to unearth some quality vinyl in Florianópolis...). I even did a remix of an old Brazilian tune ("Futebol de bar") which ended up on a compilation by my hero of the music world, Gilles Peterson.



The other day I was listening to my brand new iPhone (what a gadget!!) and a Brazilian mix came up that I did years ago for the CD that came free with a Spanish magazine called Enlace Funk. I thought I'd put a link up to the mix to get in the mood... Enjoy!! It's a shame you can't listen to music during the Ironman competition but I'm hoping there will be some kicking batucada bands to keep up our energy levels.



No comments:

Post a Comment