Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Totally Immersed

I'm starting to get back into swimming after months of neglect. As a friend of mine once said, my style is more Total Submersion than Total Immersion. But its gradually feeling better. I am so lazy though, I just can't be bothered to do the drills. Is it laziness or is it fear? I suspect it is the latter: fear of failure. I'm going to start to get some one-on-one lessons which I think are fundamental. I'm pretty tall (1m89 or 6"2.5) so I should be able to swim well, but I've never had much of a built up upper body or at least, this is why I always think I can never swim as fast as other people. Still, in 5 months you can work wonders. This is how I would love to look in the water - only 9 strokes(!!!) to cover a 25m pool:

No comments:

Post a Comment